contact Submitting PSA (public service announcement) or Event Announcement
- It’s Free to submit announcements to be considered for the Live-Read Events Calendar
- The Calendar is used by staff DJs weekday’s between 6 - 9:00 am, and 3 - 6:00 pm.
- Announcements put on the calendar are determined by the Director of Programming and prioritized by: KNBA Mission goals, non-profit vs for profit; events & activities vs general year-round services; target audience interest, date of event/activity.
- Submitted script/copy is edited by KNBA staff to fit length (15 seconds) and for call-to-action guidelines per non-commercial radio rules.
- PSA's/Events should be submitted 2 weeks before a date specific activity.
- Submission does not guarantee that an announcement will receive air time and KNBA does not provide affidavits of air time to organizations.
- No announcements for political fundraising, political campaigning, activist demonstrations or general services/membership of Religious groups.
Send a PSA for the live-read studio calendar: email@example.com
CAB Pro-Bono Program
The KNBA Community Advisory Board annually recommends up to 5 local organizations to be offered a pro-bono, pre-recorded, general service PSA message to run on-air on KNBA throughout a 6-8 month period. Messages air primarily in evening and overnight programming with no guarantee of frequency or specific placement. Messages are voiced by station staff or members of the CAB. Messages are pre-approved by the organization before airing. The CAB's process for selecting an organization is driven by KNBA’s mission and service to community. Organizations must be non-profit.
Information on the CAB Pro-Bono Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk with KNBA about a set rotation and schedule for a Message
Organizations wishing to have a message aired during a specific hour (day-part) or a set number of times (rotation) may contact the Director of Corporate Support to see a rate sheet for our Enhanced Public Service Announcements or Underwriting Messages.
Larry Cleland; (907)793-3500, email@example.com
Basics for writing a Public Service Announcement
Who: Name of Organization
What: Event/activity name
When and location: Date/Time and Address
For More Information: Web address or phone number, that the PUBLIC can contact
Message: The body of your PSA message should briefly incorporate the who, what, where and when, information. Include relevant contact information and phone numbers. Very Important, make sure you specify if your organization is a non-profit organization that serves the public. Listeners will likely connect first with the title of the event and date. Make sure they know where to go for more information and more of your whole story!